On January 17, 2012, Agility and Transport Intelligence will launch the second edition of the authoritative Agility Emerging Markets Logistics Index – one that will show how the tumult, change and instability of last year has affected more than 40 of the world’s emerging markets. Download the full report on January 17 by visiting: www.agilitylogistics.com/emergingmarkets
Index second edition reporting on a momentous year of change and uncertainty
The Index answers these compelling questions (and many more):
· Which market became China’s biggest trading partner?
· Did the Arab Spring impact business and confidence across the Middle East?
· Which markets does the logistics industry think are the top 10 ‘markets of the future’?
· How is near-sourcing changing the global picture – and who benefits?
· In what category does Ethiopia lead ALL OTHER emerging markets?
· Which trade lane does the industry see as top trade lane of the future?
New in 2012 – trade lane analysis
The 2012 Index also provides an informed look at the patterns of world trade, where significant change is underway. Transport Intelligence has crunched figures for ocean freight and air freight from 2005 to 2011, with some surprising results.
New in 2012 – largest survey to date in this sector
550 senior logistics executives from across the industry – and across emerging markets – have shared their perspectives, insights and forecasts in the biggest poll to date in this sector.
How the Index works
The Agility Emerging Markets Logistics Index, launched in January 2011, ranks and analyses the world’s most vibrant developing logistics markets. It spotlights the new wave of markets contending to become the major logistics hubs of tomorrow.
Developed in collaboration with Transport Intelligence, the Agility Emerging Markets Logistics Index:
· Ranks each market’s performance in two separate tables – those with annual GDP greater than $300 billion and GDP less than $300 billion.
· Offers rich insights into particular countries – and regions.
· Evaluates what makes the market attractive to companies in logistics, air cargo, ocean shipping and freight forwarding.
· Takes into account market size and attractiveness for growth – and rates each country’s international and domestic transport infrastructure.
· Tracks developments over the past year.
For more information about the Agility Emerging Markets Logistics Index, please visit: www.agilitylogistics.com/emergingmarkets.
From its roots in emerging markets, Agility brings efficiency to supply chains in some of the globe’s most challenging environments, offering unmatched personal service, a global footprint and customized capabilities in developed countries and emerging economies alike. A publicly traded company, Agility is one of the world’s leading providers of integrated logistics with close to $6 billion in annual revenue and more than 22,000 employees in 550 offices across 100 countries.
For more information about Agility, visit www.agilitylogistics.com.
About Transport Intelligence
Headquartered in the UK, Transport Intelligence is one of the world’s leading providers of expert research and analysis dedicated to the global logistics industry. Utilizing the expertise of professionals with many years experience in the mail, express and logistics industry, Transport Intelligence has developed a range of market leading web-based products, reports, profiles and services used by all the world’s leading logistics suppliers, consultancies and banks as well as many users of logistics services.
For more information about Transport Intelligence, visit www.transportintelligence.com.