- Carriers Recognized for Service Quality and Operational Excellence -
MIAMI, July 02, 2014 – Ryder System, Inc. (NYSE: R), a leader in transportation and supply chain management solutions, today announced its top carrier selections for the annual Ryder Carrier Quality Award. This award recognizes excellence through a variety of metrics, including on-time performance, claims handling, customer service, technology applications, economic value and innovation for the last full calendar year. Ryder purchases and/or executes more than $4.6 billion annually in freight moves on behalf of its customers.
The Ryder Carrier Quality Award Recipients:
Category - Carrier
- LTL National - Con-way Freight
- LTL Regional - Saia LTL Freight
- LTL Regional - Standard Forwarding
- International Forwarder - Hellmann Worldwide Logistics, Inc.
- International Maritime Commerce - Atlantic Container Line
- North American Forwarder - Pilot Freight Services
- Canadian LTL - Consolidated Fastfrate
- Canadian Truckload - Bison Transport Inc.
- Truckload- Dry Van National - U.S. Xpress Enterprise
- Truckload- Dry Van Regional - Cowan Systems
- Truckload- Temperature Control - Southern Refrigerated Transport Inc.
- Truckload- Flatbed- Specialized - Melton Truck Lines
- Brokerage - Coyote Logistics
- Commitment to Ryder Standards – Update Compliance - Southeastern Freight Lines
- Automotive - OEM Truckload Dry Van National - FedEx Supply Chain Systems, Inc.
- Automotive - OEM- Truckload Dry Van Regional - Doug Colemen Trucking
- Automotive - OEM Truckload Spot Buy - Exclusive Transfer Enterprise Corp.
- Intermodal - Alliance Shippers Inc.
- Commitment to Ryder Standards - Invoicing - Central Transport
“We value our relationship with all of our carrier partners. These carriers have demonstrated a consistent ability to meet the demanding requirements of our customers and share our commitment to deliver operational excellence and reliable service,” said Dave Belter, Vice President and General Manager of Transportation Management for Ryder. “We are pleased to recognize and honor them for their top service.”
Ryder is a FORTUNE 500® commercial transportation, logistics and supply chain management solutions company. Ryder’s stock (NYSE:R) is a component of the Dow Jones Transportation Average and the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index. Inbound Logistics magazine has recognized Ryder as a top third party logistics provider and green supply chain partner. Ryder has also been ranked two years in a row as one of the top 250 U.S. companies in the Newsweek Green Rankings. In addition, Security Magazine has named Ryder one of the top companies for security practices in the transportation, logistics, supply chain, and warehousing sector. Ryder is a proud member of the American Red Cross Annual Disaster Giving Program, supporting national and local disaster preparedness and response efforts. For more information, visit www.ryder.com.