Carrier Earns Recognition for Its Long-Standing Commitment to Past and Present Military Personnel
GREEN BAY, Wis. – (November 15, 2011) – Schneider National, Inc., a premier provider of transportation, logistics and intermodal services, announced today it has made the G.I. Jobs annual Top 100 Military-Friendly Employers® list for the sixth consecutive year. Schneider ranked 81 on the list — earning acknowledgment for the programs and benefits it offers to U.S. Reservists, National Guard members and veterans.
The list was composed from a selection of 5,000 companies competing for the honor. Rankings are based on survey results that assess a company’s strength of company military recruiting efforts, the percentage of new hires with prior military service and company policies in place to recognize military service.
“We’ve long recognized the discipline and professionalism members of the military have, which is why we’ve worked hard to develop programs to bring them to Schneider National,” said Mike Hinz, vice president, Schneider National and LTC, retired, U.S. Army Reserve. “Our VA Apprenticeship Program, Ride of Pride truck series and other military initiatives allow us to say ‘Thank you for your service’ while letting them know we want them in our ranks as drivers and shop and office associates.”
Schneider National works with the Employer Partnership Office of the Armed Forces and the Department of Labor to provide veterans, Reservists and National Guardsmen with a continuum of careers. The company also offers specific programs to help members of the military obtain employment:
• Apprenticeship Program: Because of Schneider National’s long-standing commitment to veterans, Guard members and Reservists and the opportunities the company offers, the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has accepted Schneider into its exclusive Apprenticeship Program. During veterans’ first year working for Schneider, associates are eligible to earn a monthly educational benefit check from the VA (up to $1,069) in addition to their Schneider paycheck.
• ROTC Pays Program: Schneider joined efforts with the Army training command, which allows college students to select an employer of their choice prior to graduation. Students who choose Schneider know that the company will grant them an interview and hire them if an open position meets their skill sets.
• The Schneider National Military Owner-Operator Program: This initiative provides military personnel with the tools, training and support they need to become successful owner-operators. One of the biggest benefits of this program is that it helps new owner-operators obtain a previously owned truck through a special no-money-down, no-credit-check lease.
• Army Reserve Employer Partnership: Schneider National and the Army Reserve work together to recruit, train and employ individuals interested in both serving the nation and pursuing a career in the transportation and logistics industry.
In addition to the comprehensive benefits package Schneider extends to all associates, military personnel can expect:
• Extended benefits and differential pay for soldiers deployed 18 months
• Excused time off for weekend drill and annual training (no vacation time required)
• Quick-hire process, allowing active military to apply, interview and be accepted two months prior to separation
• Nationwide opportunities throughout Schneider’s network of offices, maintenance facilities and operating centers
Over the last nine years, the G.I. Jobs list has grown from the Top 25 to the Top 100 Military-Friendly Employers. Companies with annual revenue of at least $500 million are qualified. Of the 5,000 eligible companies, only 2 percent made this year’s list.
To learn more about Schneider’s career opportunities for current and former service members, please visit http://www.schneiderjobs.com/CompanyDrivers/Military.
About Schneider National, Inc.
Schneider National has exceptional career paths for professional drivers and truck school graduates. Solo and team opportunities exist for company drivers and owner-operators in Schneider’s Regional, Over the Road, Dedicated, Tanker and Expedited lines of business. Local and regional solo opportunities also exist for company drivers in Schneider’s Intermodal division.
A $3.1 billion company and one of the largest truckload carriers in North America, Schneider has been a top choice for drivers for 75 years. Schneider provides drivers great weekly miles, steady freight and the comfort of knowing that “safety first and always” is the cornerstone of the company’s philosophy. Schneider is ranked a top-paying carrier by the National Transportation Institute and has been nationally recognized for its support of veterans, Reservists and National Guard members. For more information about Schneider National career opportunities, visit www.schneiderjobs.com. You can also connect with Schneider on Facebook at www.facebook.com/jobsatschneider and Twitter at www.twitter.com/schneiderjobs.
About G.I. Jobs
G.I. Jobs is published by Victory Media, a veteran-owned business, headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pa. The company also publishes Military Spouse and Vetrepreneur magazines. Follow G.I. Jobs on Facebook at www.facebook.com/GIJobsMagazine or Twitter @GIJobsMagazine.