Company Earns Seventh Consecutive Military-Friendly Award for Continued Commitment to Hiring Current and Former Military Members
GREEN BAY, Wis. – (November 8, 2012) – Schneider National, Inc., a premier provider of transportation, logistics and intermodal services, announced today it has made the coveted G.I. Jobs Top 100 Military-Friendly Employers® list for the seventh straight year. Schneider ranked 12 on the list — earning acknowledgment for the programs and benefits it offers to past and present military personnel.
G.I. Jobs' 2013 Top 100 Military Friendly Employers honors the top two percent of U.S. companies that are doing the most to embrace America's service members and veterans. More than 5,000 companies were ranked this year based on survey results that assess the strength of a company’s military recruiting program including the percentage of new hires with prior military service and all policies in place to recognize military service.
“To be regarded as one of the nation’s elite companies in terms of service to current and former military personnel is a real honor,” said Mike Hinz, vice president, Schneider National and LTC, retired, U.S. Army Reserve. “This award is a testament to the high-quality people we’ve got on our team. The critical thinking skills, leadership and motivation military personnel bring to the workforce are attractive in the fast-paced, complex environment of a modern-day transportation and logistics operation. There’s no doubt we’re a better company because these folks are in our ranks.”
Schneider National’s deep military roots date back to the company’s founder, Al Schneider, a National Guardsman who understood the valuable skills military members bring to the table. Today, Schneider continues its commitment of providing rewarding careers to those with a military background through specific programs to ease transition and ensure long-term career success:
• Apprenticeship Program: Because of Schneider’s long-standing commitment to current and former military personnel, and the opportunities it offers, the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has accepted Schneider into its exclusive Apprenticeship Program. During new hires’ first year working for Schneider, they are eligible to earn a monthly educational benefit check from the VA in addition to a Schneider paycheck – up to $1,069 each month depending on years of service
• ROTC Pays Program: Schneider joined efforts with the Army training command, which allows college students to select an employer of their choice prior to graduation. Students who choose Schneider know that the company will grant them an interview and hire them if an open position meets their skill sets.
• The Schneider National Military Owner-Operator Program: This initiative provides military personnel with the tools, training and support they need to become successful owner-operators. This program helps new owner-operators obtain a previously owned truck through a special no-money-down, no-credit check lease.
• Army Reserve Employer Partnership: Schneider National and the Army Reserve work together to recruit, train and employ individuals interested in both serving the nation and pursuing a career in the transportation and logistics industry.
Coupled with the comprehensive benefits package Schneider provides to all associates, military personnel can also expect:
• Extended benefits and differential pay if deployed for up to 18 months
• Excused time off for weekend drill and annual training (no vacation time required)
• Quick-hire process, allowing active military to apply, interview and be accepted two months prior to separation
• Nationwide opportunities throughout Schneider’s network of offices, maintenance facilities and operating centers
Schneider is one of the nation’s largest and most-recognized employers of military personnel. In addition to its seventh consecutive G.I. Jobs recognition, the company has won: 2012 Most Valuable Employer by Civilianjobs.com, Top 35 Veteran Employer by Military.com, HireVetsFirst ESGR 5-Star employer, Department of Defense Freedom Award and many more.
To learn more about Schneider’s career opportunities for current and former service members, please visit http://www.schneiderjobs.com/CompanyDrivers/Military.
About Schneider National, Inc.
Schneider National has exceptional career paths for professional drivers and truck school graduates. Solo and team opportunities exist for company drivers and owner-operators in Schneider’s Regional, Over the Road, Dedicated, Tanker and Expedited lines of business. Local and regional solo opportunities also exist for company drivers in Schneider’s Intermodal division.
A $3.1 billion company and one of the largest truckload carriers in North America, Schneider has been a top choice for drivers for 75 years. Schneider provides drivers great weekly miles, steady freight and the comfort of knowing that “safety first and always” is the cornerstone of the company’s philosophy. Schneider is ranked a top-paying carrier by the National Transportation Institute and has been nationally recognized for its support of veterans, Reservists and National Guard members. For more information about Schneider National career opportunities, visit www.schneiderjobs.com. You can also connect with Schneider on Facebook at www.facebook.com/jobsatschneider and Twitter at www.twitter.com/schneiderjobs.
About G.I. Jobs
G.I. Jobs is published by Victory Media, a service-disabled, veteran-owned small business and has been serving the military community since 2001. Our Military Friendly® lists and methodology can be found at www.MilitaryFriendly.com. Our data-driven lists are published in G.I. Jobs, Military Spouse, Vetrepreneur magazines, republished in periodicals like USA Today, Wall Street Journal and are frequently cited on national TV programs such as CNN, CNBC, NBC, Fox News and others. You can follow Military Friendly on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MilitaryFriendly or on Twitter @Mil_Friendly