Alexandria, VA July 23, 2013 -Transportation Intermediaries Association (TIA), the voice of the $162 billion third-party logistics industry, has granted 30 industry professionals the designation of "Certified Transportation Brokers" (CTB).
"The CTB designation truly distinguishes brokers in today's competitive transportation marketplace," said TIA President and CEO Robert Voltmann. "CTB is the mark of respect for transportation intermediaries. Congratulations to this latest group of Certified Transportation Brokers."
This program was created in 1986 to significantly increase the professionalism and integrity of property brokers. The CTB program tests the knowledge of participants on brokerage, ethics, contracts, pricing, legal and regulatory requirements, as well as the latest trends in transportation and business management.
Participants must earn at least five candidate points, which are based on professional experience and education to be eligible to take the examination. The participants must also have at least one year of experience working as a broker. Candidates may earn additional CTB eligibility points if they have completed formal education such as being granted a Bachelor's or a Master's degree.
TIA, in addition to sponsoring the examination, also offers an online CTB Home Study Course that lasts for a period of up to 17 weeks. The course, which entails rigorous study, helps to prepare those individuals who are seeking CTB certification to prepare for the examination. More than 1,700participants have earned the much sought after CTB designation.
The list of individuals who received CTB certification in July 2013 is:
• Kathleen Agustin, CTB, CEVA Ground US, LP
• Gregory Alderman, CTB, Dew Distribution Services, Inc.
• Virginia Aparicio, CTB, Bill Hay International
• Terry Barrett, CTB, Addison Transportation
• Manuel Benezra, CTB, CEVA Ground US, LP
• Rod Brown, CTB, Ruan Transport Corporation
• Kelly Burbey, CTB, Con-Way Multimodal
• John Colonna, CTB, RLS Logistics
• Elizabeth Davis, CTB, Blakeman Transportation, Inc.
• Idongesit Ema, CTB, Landbridge Logistics Ltd.
• Bill Haessly, CTB, Addison Transportation
• Dennis Hayes, CTB, CEVA Ground US, LP
• Yoomin Kim, CTB
• Russell Leo, CTB, RLS Distribution, Inc.
• Paul Minneti, CTB, Transport Logistics Inc.
• Paul Nesbit, CTB, TMC Transportation
• Jason Nuhn, CTB, Audit Logistics
• Roxana Osuna, CTB, The ILS Company
• Ben Richards, CTB, Integrity Logistics
• Greg Royal, CTB, TSD Logistics, Inc.
• Gail Rutkowski, CTB, Tranzact Technologies, Inc. DBA Freedom Logistics
• Denny Schatzle, CTB, Audit Logistics LLC.
• Sherrie Sollars, CTB, A.M. Transport Services, Inc.
• Pasquale Sottile, CTB, Bullet Logistics, Inc.
• Alyssa Sullivan, CTB, Klos Logistics, Inc.
• Crystal Taylor, CTB
• Steve Trowbridge, CTB, ProTrans International, Inc.
• Joseph Vasichko, CTB, Integrated Logistics Services, In
• Tina Wild, CTB, Dream Logistics, LLC
• Terry Wolff, CTB, Integrity Logistics Inc.
TIA is the professional organization of the $162 billion third party logistics industry. TIA is the only organization exclusively representing transportation intermediaries of all disciplines doing business in domestic and international commerce. TIA is the voice of transportation intermediaries to shippers, carriers, government officials and international organizations.