Nimr Expo is pleased to announce the upcoming GCC Supply Chain & Logistics Conference, which will take place on 15th – 16th of April 2013 at the Al Bustan Palace, A Ritz Carlton Hotel, Muscat. The event held under the theme "Oman’s Strategic Role as GCC Gateway and Indian Ocean Rim Hub" is organized in association with the Ministry of Transport & Communications, Sultanate of Oman and supported by the Embassy of the Kingdom of Netherlands in Muscat and the Oman Logistics & Supply Chain Association
Top government officials from Oman and overseas will grace the event including more than 30 regional and global industry leaders who will share their views and highlight the important role of Oman in the GCC and Arab region, The Sultanate’s visions through its $78bn worth of mega infrastructure projects which is currently in the pipeline and is seen to transform Oman as the next potential regional hub and ideal gateway for global businesses, as well as various topical issues that affects the supply chain and logistics sector. This important event will also provide participating companies and delegates the opportunity to explore and identify key investment opportunities in Oman’s world-class ports, domestic & international airports and free zones.
A dedicated exhibition will also be held alongside the event - which will provide exhibitors an ideal platform to showcase their products and services to over 300 regional and international industry professionals.
Confirmed VIP Speakers at the GCC Supply Chain & Logistics Conference:
• H. E. Melanie Schultz van Haegen, Minister of Infrastructure and the Environment, Kingdom of Netherlands
• Robert D. Kaplan, Journalist and Writer of "Monsoon" – which includes a chapter on Oman and its role at the Indian Ocean Rim. Kaplan was also chosen by "Foreign Policy Magazine" as among the world’s "Top 100 Global Thinkers"
• Roger Agnelli, Former CEO, Vale - Under Agnelli's leadership, Vale grew to become the second largest diversified mining company in the world and Brazil’s largest exporter with a market capitalization of $180 billion with operations in 32 countries, and 145,000 employees globally. Today, Vale is the largest producer of iron ore and nickel in the world, and is a major producer of copper, manganese, aluminium, coal, potash, phosphate, and energy in addition to exploring for oil, and gas. The number one logistics services provider in Brazil.
• Dr. John Gattorna , Global 'Thought Leader, Adviser and Author – has earned a reputation as one of the world’s leading supply chain 'thought leaders, and now spends his time advising leading global companies about the design and operation of their enterprise supply chains. He knows the Middle East region well, having advised Petroleum Development Oman on its 4PL model including some local companies.
GCC Supply Chain & Logistics Conference - The GCCSCL 2013 features an in-depth programme and interactive discussion, to which for the first time, will bring together the brightest minds in the industry to examine the current & future challenges as well as to explore market opportunities in this growing supply chain & logistics sector.
Official Launching of "Expedition Oman" – a documentary film about the unique and intriguing real life tale of the crews of a Dutch East India Man shipwreck along the Omani coast 250 years ago.
* Bilateral Omani-Netherlands Roundtable Discussion on Maritime & Logistics
* Gala Dinner
We encourage you to take advantage of the many benefits available to you and your organisation and anticipate your involvement in this exciting show.
Ensure your presence at The GCC Supply Chain & Logistics Conference 2013 . Be a sponsor or exhibit for this will be one of your best investments.
To view more info please visit the event website !