Transportation Marketing, Sales Organization to Focus on Best Practices, Award Winners at Annual Conference
PRINCETON JUNCTION, NJ – May 28, 2013 – The Transportation Marketing and Sales Association (TMSA), the leading organization dedicated to advancing the success of marketing and sales professionals in all transportation modes, has announced the winners of its 61st Annual Compass Awards program. Compass Awards honor individual companies in the transportation and logistics industry for their commitment to raising the standards for best marketing and sales practices. Winners will share their best practices, strategies and tactics during the TMSA Annual Conference, June 9-11, at the Sawgrass Marriott Resort in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida.
Recognized for their achievements, winners were selected from over 80 entries and judged for their excellence in transportation marketing and sales techniques. Submitting both a detailed write-up and creative work samples to a panel of industry professionals, award categories included: direct marketing campaign, integrated campaign, marketing and sales-collaborated effort, marketing and sales collateral, media relations, on-site/off-site events, single advertisement and web-based marketing and sales.
“Raising the bar in transportation marketing and sales creativity and innovation each year, attendees will benefit from a heightened focus on the awards program and our winners this year at our Annual Conference,” said TMSA President David Hoppens. “As the Compass Awards continue to surpass expectations and set the standards for the industry, an additional roundtable session will provide winners with another opportunity to showcase their work and educate fellow TMSA members with new knowledge and best practices.”
Kicking off this year’s Annual Conference at the Sawgrass Marriott Resort and Spa, in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida, the 61st Annual Compass Awards Gala will serve as the opening event on June 9th, allowing TMSA to highlight all winners throughout the duration of the conference. The additional Roundtable Luncheon will be held on June 11th.
This year’s Compass Award winners include:
Direct Marketing Campaign
• Receiving Awards of Excellence: C.H. Robinson; FedEx Custom Critical; FedEx Services
• Receiving Awards of Merit: PITT OHIO; SMC³; Translink
• Receiving Awards of Excellence: ALK Technologies; FedEx Services; San Joaquin RTD
• Receiving Awards of Merit: Dunavant; Global Logistics Group, LLC; Freight Capital; MindShare Strategies; Navis; Pulsar Advertising; Transplace
Marketing and Sales Collaborated Effort
• Receiving an Award of Excellence: FedEx Services
Marketing and Sales Collateral
• Receiving Awards of Excellence: Crowley Maritime, Inc.; Globe Express Services; LA County Metropolitan Transportation Authority; LLamasoft; M33 Integrated Solutions
• Receiving Awards of Merit: Conexus; Edelman for New York Shipping Association; LeanLogistics; Shipxpress, Inc.; The Port Authority of NY & NJ
• Receiving Awards of Merit: BSY Associates Inc.; Omnitracs
• Receiving Awards of Excellence: Ryder; SMC³
• Receiving Awards of Merit: BNSF Railway; Jaxport; LeanLogistics; MindShare Strategies; Riverside Transit Agency
• Receiving an Award of Excellence: Fort Worth Transportation Authority
• Receiving Awards of Merit: LeSaint Logistics; Quack! Media
Web-Based Marketing and Sales
• Receiving Awards of Excellence: BQR Advertising and Public Relations, Inc.; Ryder
• Receiving Awards of Merit: ALK Technologies; BNSF Railway; PITT OHIO; Versant; Virante, Inc.; Wagner Logistics
For additional information on the 2013 TMSA Compass Awards, visit www.TMSAtoday.org or contact TMSA at 609-799-4900.
About the Transportation Marketing and Sales Association (TMSA)
The Transportation Marketing and Sales Association exists to enhance the knowledge, connections, recognition and solutions available to the marketing, communications and sales professions within the transportation and logistics industries including motor carriers, railroads, air carriers, ocean lines, 3PLs, OEMs, passenger transit organizations, media, and suppliers. TMSA members and their companies account for over $300 billion in revenue and over $190 million in sales/marketing/communication budgets. Member benefits include recognition of excellence through the annual Compass Awards, extensive educational programs and networking opportunities.