By Gailen Vick, Founder and Executive Director, Reverse Logistics Association
The following article was provided by Gailen Vick, Founder and Executive Director of Reverse Logistics Association.
What an exciting time for those of us that work in the process of Reverse Logistics! Here are a few reasons that I’m so optimistic about the process we manage:
- Major improvements are being made in the process across all industries and departments as companies have met together to share best practices at our Conferences & Seminars.
- Academics are working with the industry to help legislators understand the impact Reverse Logistics has on the environment and sustainability.
- Mergers and acquisitions of 3PSPs are increasing as Investment Banks and Venture Capitalists learn about the positive margins that can be gleamed.
So why was it necessary to define Reverse Logistics?:
- An oversight group was needed to connect all departments of the same company to manage their assets, from HR to Supply Chain and from Engineering to Customer Service. A group that should be reporting into the Finance Department.
- Reverse Logistics was such a small part of each department that the process was over-looked, ignored.
- Assets were thrown away and mismanaged because of the inability to see the complete financial picture.
Please take a look at the growing definition of REVERSE LOGISTICS. Why is it growing? Because we just added Remanufacturing to make sure no one forgets this important element of Reverse Logistics.
The Reverse Logistics Association is a trade association focused on Third Party Service Providers to whom OEMs, ODMs, Branded and Retail companies outsource. The Reverse Logistics Association monitors thousands of 3PSPs worldwide who are providing Aftermarket Supply Chain services, while supporting the outsourcing needs of OEM, ODM, Branded and Retail companies. Involved in reverse logistics? You should join us for Home Delivery World, taking place April 8-9 in Atlanta, GA. Free registration to attend the expo is now open – Click here to reserve your pass now..
[Image: Ryan - Flickr]