-- Single Web site and standardized process across multiple ocean carriers -
PARSIPPANY, NEW JERSEY, January 12, 2010 - INTTRA, the leading e-commerce platform for the ocean freight industry, today announces INTTRA Act Track and Trace 2.0, a next generation, Web-based container tracking application for shippers and freight forwarders and their partners to quickly and easily track in-transit containers. Any user making bookings and any identified party on an INTTRA Booking or Bill of Lading can easily track containers across multiple carriers and locations all from one Web page.
This new service is now available at www.inttra.com
"We know that for most multi-carrier shippers and forwarders, tracking in-transit ocean containers means visiting multiple Web sites and gathering information from various sources. This new release makes it easier and faster than ever for users in the INTTRA network to search available tracking data for their containers in one place," said Milan Vaclavik, INTTRA's Director of Product Management.
INTTRA Act Track and Trace 2.0 offers an online solution to track container events provided electronically by carriers on the INTTRA platform. Users can easily search by container, Bill of Lading, carrier booking number, carrier name, date range and much more. Results can be filtered quickly making multi-carrier container tracking faster than obtaining information by visiting individual carrier sites.
"Using manual processes to gather container tracking data amounts to duplicated efforts and loss of time. INTTRA Track and Trace simplifies and streamlines the process. We know users want the convenience of having one integrated process to track their containers across multiple carriers for their ocean shipment transactions. And with free registration to INTTRA, Track and Trace 2.0 takes us another step further to meet this demand," said Ivan Latanision, INTTRA, VP of Product Management.
In addition to a dramatically improved user interface, Track and Trace 2.0 includes the following features:
* Track containers for 30+ ocean carriers providing track and trace data via a single Web interface
* Search by: PO, carrier, date range, latest country or event, vessel, and voyage.
* One Click Tracking - a simple, standardized screen for tracking containers. One Click allows users to search by container number, BL, carrier, PO, booking number, and all references.
* Advanced Tracking - users search by location, vessel, trading partner, date range, latest event, location of last container move, and vessel and voyage
* Container List View - Users filter and sort search results to focus and organize data
* Multiple language support- Interface is available in English, Portuguese and Spanish
* Fast access to shipment status- results returned in seconds
* Dedicated 24/6 INTTRA customer service support
* Full access to INTTRA Act Booking 2.0 shipments
INTTRA is a leading global provider of e-commerce solutions to the ocean freight industry. INTTRA professionals work with over 30 leading carriers and their customers, to streamline and standardize their shipping processes worldwide through a network of more than 20,000 corporate locations. Over 260,000 container orders are initiated on the INTTRA platform each week, representing more than 10 percent of global ocean container trade. For further information, visit www.inttra.com.