Export On-Demand Offers a Completely Web-based and Highly Configurable Solution to Help Companies Establish an Export Management and Compliance Program. EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ, April 10, 2009 -- Management Dynamics, a leading provider of Global Trade Management solutions, today announced the release of Export On-Demand, a complete export compliance solution targeted to the needs of small and medium-sized exporters (SME).
The solution addresses all aspects of compliance by centralizing product compliance data, screening trade parties and generating all required documentation. Export On-Demand establishes a strong compliance program and improves team productivity to support increased export volumes without having to increase staff.
Small to medium-sized enterprises represent 97% of all US exporters; however, they typically do not have the resources to keep up with their company’s globalization plans and adapt to the constantly changing landscape of export regulations. According to the Bureau of Industry & Security (BIS), an Export Management and Compliance Program (EMCP) is an important tool for exporters to implement procedures and supporting systems to establish accountability and to stay in compliance with the Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
"Gartner is seeing a shift in the market from viewing compliance as a tactical issue and trying to implement stop-gap measures, to a more strategic area of risk management that requires new enabling technologies," said Dwight Klappich, Gartner. "In the current economic climate, SaaS technologies will allow budget-conscious exporters to access all of the tools they need to establish a strong compliance program."
Export On-Demand establishes export compliance "blueprint" garnered from Management Dynamics’ experience of automating many of the top 100 Global Exporters, which is vital in dealing with DHS and Customs Authorities. Available on-demand without any hardware or software to purchase, the solution can be quickly deployed across the enterprise with the following capabilities:
- A multi-organization and role-based security model to configure the export process according to a company’s desired business process.
- State-of-the-art dashboard views and workflow tools to organize the entire compliance process.
- A comprehensive product master to store all global compliance data with XML integration to access baseline product data from enterprise systems.
- Integration with Management Dynamics’ Trade Content to facilitate product classifications, screen for restricted parties and determine documentation requirements.
- Manual ‘quick entry’ wizards to efficiently create trade party or shipment records when XML-based system integration is not available.
- Powerful screening engines based on computational linguistics to identify potential issues with ship-to and end-user parties to a transaction.
- Licensing screening of a transaction by line item to ensure that what is being exported does not require a license.
- A document engine that analyzes the transaction and uses a pre-defined set of rules to generate and distribute a complete set of documentation prior to shipment.
"There are over 200,000 exporters in the United States and it is safe to say that the majority of these businesses do not have the resources in place to keep up with the complexities of the changing trade regulations and cannot afford the high fines of noncompliance," says Jim Preuninger, CEO, Management Dynamics. "Our new Export On-Demand solution automates the end-to-end export process so that the SME exporter can spend less time worrying about fines and more time focused on their business."