Q4 Total Revenue of $71.5 Million is Up 15% Over Q4 2009Download as PDF
ATLANTA, Feb. 1, 2011 -- Leading supply chain optimization provider Manhattan Associates, Inc. (Nasdaq:MANH) today reported fourth quarter 2010 non-GAAP adjusted diluted earnings per share of $0.32 compared to $0.31 in the 2009 fourth quarter, and GAAP diluted earnings per share of $0.29 compared to $0.26 in the prior year fourth quarter. The Company posted total fourth quarter revenue of $71.5 million, an increase of 15% from overall revenue posted in the fourth quarter of 2009.
For the year ended December 31, 2010, non-GAAP adjusted diluted earnings per share of $1.38 compared to $0.96 for the full year 2009, and record GAAP diluted earnings per share of $1.25 compared to $0.73 in the prior year. For the twelve months ended December 31, 2010, the Company posted total revenue of $297.1 million, an increase of 20%, compared to 2009 full year revenue.
Manhattan Associates President and CEO Pete Sinisgalli commented, "We posted solid fourth quarter and full year financial results. We are particularly pleased with our market's acceptance of our latest Supply Chain Optimization solutions and remain quite optimistic about our ability to deliver meaningful value to customers and shareholders."
FOURTH QUARTER 2010 FINANCIAL SUMMARY:
• Adjusted diluted earnings per share, a non-GAAP measure, was $0.32 in the fourth quarter of 2010, compared to $0.31 in the fourth quarter of 2009.
• The Company reported GAAP diluted earnings per share of $0.29 in the fourth quarter of 2010, compared to $0.26 in the fourth quarter of 2009.
• Consolidated revenue for the fourth quarter of 2010 was $71.5 million, compared to $62.1 million in the fourth quarter of 2009. License revenue was $12.7 million in the fourth quarter of 2010, compared to $14.3 million in the fourth quarter of 2009.
• Adjusted operating income, a non-GAAP measure, was $10.1 million in the fourth quarter of 2010, compared to $12.0 million in the fourth quarter of 2009.
• GAAP operating income for the fourth quarter of 2010 was $8.8 million, compared to $9.9 million in the fourth quarter of 2009.
• Cash flow from operations was $14.6 million in the fourth quarter of 2010, compared to $19.4 million in the fourth quarter of 2009. Days Sales Outstanding were 61 days at December 31, 2010, compared to 60 days at September 30, 2010.
• Cash and investments on-hand at December 31, 2010 was $126.9 million, compared to $116.7 million at September 30, 2010.
• The Company repurchased approximately 680,000 common shares under the share repurchase program authorized by the Board of Directors, totaling $21.0 million at an average share price of $30.92 in the fourth quarter of 2010. In January 2011, Manhattan's Board of Directors approved raising the Company's share repurchase authority for Manhattan Associates common stock to a total of $50 million.
FULL YEAR FINANCIAL SUMMARY:
• Adjusted diluted earnings per share, a non-GAAP measure, was $1.38 for the twelve months ended December 31, 2010, compared to $0.96 for the twelve months ended December 31, 2009.
• GAAP diluted earnings per share for the twelve months ended December 31, 2010 was a record $1.25, compared to $0.73 for the twelve months ended December 31, 2009.
• Consolidated revenue for the full year of 2010 was $297.1 million, compared to $246.7 million for the year ended December 31, 2009. License revenue was $54.5 million for the twelve months ended December 31, 2010, compared to $34.7 million in the twelve months ended December 31, 2009.
• Adjusted operating income, a non-GAAP measure, was $46.8 million for the twelve months ended December 31, 2010, compared to $33.1 million for the twelve months ended December 31, 2009.
• GAAP operating income was $41.9 million for the twelve months ended December 31, 2010, which includes $1.2 million of recoveries of previously expensed sales tax associated with expiring sales tax audit statutes, compared to $21.1 million for the twelve months ended December 31, 2009, which includes restructuring charges of $3.9 million associated with the workforce reduction executed in the second quarter of 2009.
• For the twelve months ended December 31, 2010, the Company repurchased approximately 2.7 million common shares at an average share price of $28.15, for a total investment of $76.5 million.
• Closing one contract of $1.0 million or more in recognized license revenue during the quarter.
• Completing software license wins with new customers such as: Axstores AB; Baoxiniao Group Co.; Chanel (China) Co.; Five Below, Inc.; Itochu Logistics China Co.; Factory Motor Parts; Kane Warehousing, Inc.; Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Company; Lam Soon Edible Oils; Mitsubishi Motors; Oatey Co.; Petro LLC; Shanghai KW Logistics Co.; Total Sweeteners, Inc.; VIP Shop; and YiFeng Super Drugstore.
• Expanding partnerships with existing customers such as: 3 Suisses International; AAA Cooper Transportation, Inc.; adidas AG; Brown Shoe Company, Inc.; C&J Clark America, Inc, Chico's Retail Services, Inc., Cornerstone Brands, Inc., Costa's PTY; Fasteners for Retail; Dick's Sporting Goods; Excell Home Fashions Inc.; Guitar Center; Innotrac Corporation; Jasco Products Company LLC; Lamps Plus, Inc.; Mulberry Group; Northern Safety Co., Inc.; Olympus Corporation of the Americas; O'Reilly Automotive, Inc.; Panalpina Management AG; PETsMART, Inc.; RGH Enterprises, Inc.; Speed Transportation; Union Underwear Company, Inc; Unipart Logistics Limited; Vera Bradley Designs; VF Services, Inc.; and Wirtz Corporation.
Manhattan Associates provided the following revenue and diluted earnings per share guidance for the full year 2011. As detailed in Note 10 in the supplemental attachments to this release, this guidance excludes restricted stock expense previously included in adjusted results. Additionally, a full reconciliation of GAAP to non-GAAP diluted earnings per share is included in the supplemental attachments to this release.
Manhattan Associates currently intends to publish, i n each quarterly earnings release, certain expectations with respect to future financial performance. These statements are forward-looking. Actual results may differ materially, especially in the current uncertain economic environment. These statements do not reflect the potential impact of mergers, acquisitions or other business combinations that may be completed after the date of this release.
Manhattan Associates will make its earnings release and published expectations available on its Web site (www.manh.com). Beginning March 16, 2011, Manhattan Associates will observe a "Quiet Period" during which Manhattan Associates and its representatives will not comment concerning previously published financial expectations. Prior to the start of the Quiet Period, the public can continue to rely on the expectations published in this 2011 Guidance section as still being Manhattan Associates' current expectation on matters covered, unless Manhattan Associates publishes a notice stating otherwise. During the Quiet Period, previously published expectations should be considered historical only, speaking only as of or prior to the Quiet Period, and Manhattan Associates disclaims any obligation to update any previously published financial expectations during the Quiet Period. The Quiet Period will extend until the date when Manhattan Associates' next quarterly earnings release is published, currently scheduled for the third week of April 2011.
The Company's conference call regarding its fourth quarter and full year financial results will be held at 4:30 p.m. Eastern Time on Tuesday, February 1, 2011. Investors are invited to listen to a live webcast of the conference call through the investor relations section of Manhattan Associates' website at www.manh.com. To listen to the live webcast, please go to the website at least 15 minutes before the call to download and install any necessary audio software. For those who cannot listen to the live broadcast, a replay can be accessed shortly after the call by dialing +1.800.642.1687 in the U.S. and Canada, or +1.706.645.9291 outside the U.S., and entering the conference identification number 35221052 or via the web at www.manh.com. The phone replay will be available for two weeks after the call, and the Internet broadcast will be available until Manhattan Associates' first quarter 2011 earnings release.
GAAP VERSUS NON-GAAP PRESENTATION
The Company provides adjusted operating income, adjusted net income and adjusted earnings per share in this press release as additional information regarding the Company's operating results. These measures are not in accordance with – or an alternative for – GAAP, and may be different from non-GAAP operating income, non-GAAP net income and non-GAAP earnings per share measures used by other companies. The Company believes that the presentation of these non-GAAP financial measures facilitates investors' understanding of its historical operating trends, because it provides important supplemental measurement information in evaluating the operating results of its business, as distinct from results that include items that are not indicative of ongoing operating results. The Company consequently believes that the presentation of these non-GAAP financial measures provides investors with useful insight into its profitability. This release should be read in conjunction with its Form 8-K earnings release filing for the quarter ended December 31, 2010.
The non-GAAP adjusted operating income, adjusted net income and adjusted earnings per share exclude the impact of acquisition-related costs and the amortization thereof; the recapture of previously recognized sales tax expense; stock option expense; and restructuring charges – all net of income tax effects and unusual tax adjustments. In addition, the Company's forward-looking non-GAAP adjusted earnings per share included with its 2011 Guidance excludes all equity compensation expense. Reconciliations of the Company's GAAP financial measures to non-GAAP adjustments is included in the supplemental information attached to this release.
The Company also has presented certain information excluding the effect between periods of changes in exchange rates between the U.S. dollar and the functional currencies of its foreign subsidiaries. Certain information regarding the effect of currency exchange rate fluctuation on results is included in Note 5 to the supplemental information attached to this release.
ABOUT MANHATTAN ASSOCIATES, INC.
Manhattan Associates continues to deliver on its 21-year heritage of providing global supply chain excellence to more than 1,200 customers worldwide that consider supply chain optimization core to their strategic market leadership. The company's supply chain innovations include: Manhattan SCOPE® a portfolio of software solutions and technology that leverages a Supply Chain Process Platform to help organizations optimize their supply chains from planning through execution; Manhattan SCALE™, a portfolio of distribution management and transportation management solutions built on Microsoft .NET technology; and Manhattan Carrier™ , a suite of supply chain solutions specifically addressing the needs of the motor carrier industry. For more information, please visit www.manh.com.
This press release contains "forward-looking statements" relating to Manhattan Associates, Inc. Prospective investors are cautioned that any such forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve risks and uncertainties, and that actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by such forward-looking statements. Among the important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements are: the global economic downturn; disruptions in credit markets; delays in product development; competitive pressures; software errors; and additional risk factors set forth in Item 1A of the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2009. Manhattan Associates undertakes no obligation to update or revise forward-looking statements to reflect changed assumptions, the occurrence of unanticipated events or changes in future operating results.