- Data feed tool for ocean schedules improves efficiencies and raises the bar for data quality -
Parsippany, NJ, June 30, 2011 - OceanSchedules.com, a leading provider of free ocean container schedules to all shippers and forwarders, today announced the upcoming launch of OceanSchedules Data Feed, an automated schedule consolidation engine that eliminates errors from the manual process of gathering and aggregating schedule data for integration into shippers and freight forwarders internal applications.
Launching in September 2011, OceanSchedules Data Feed leverages INTTRA's carrier relationships and schedule data optimization technology to provide shippers and forwarders with the most comprehensive schedule consolidation engine available in ocean shipping. With more than 7 million global schedules from 28 carriers currently available through OceanSchedules.com, users can now receive daily, consolidated schedules directly via the OceanSchedules Data Feed for their carriers. Using INTTRA's complex algorithm that validates data integrity across a customer's carriers, this offering marks the availability of the highest quality global schedules to the industry.
"We know from shippers that gathering, checking and consolidating carrier schedule data is a labor intensive process caused by a lack of industry standards, incomplete transport planning data and antiquated internal systems. These challenges result in poor quality schedule data for the user community. We have been working closely with carriers to identify the causes of the industry's data quality issues and have developed an automated process to consolidate multiple schedule formats and validate and measure data quality," said Perry Steinberg, senior director of product management, OceanSchedules.com. "With OceanSchedules Data Feed, we are raising the bar for schedule data quality for users and providing carriers with metrics to help them benchmark the quality of their data."
OceanSchedules Data Feed features include:
- End-to-end automation, eliminating errors related to manual entry and human error.
- The best available schedules provided electronically to support internal workflow processes.
- Easy and seamless system integration.
- Ability to receive broadcast schedule coverage daily and in multiple data formats.
- Flexible options for receiving scheduled data feed. Schedules can be updated through Full Load, where the carrier's full global schedules will be available for pick up on a daily basis, or by Full Load & Deltas, where the customer would pick up the initial full load of all the carrier(s) global schedules, then pick up only those schedules that have changed.
- Data elements include Carrier SCAC, Lloyd's Code, Vessel Name, Voyage Number, Departure date, Arrival date, UN location codes, conveyance number and more.
Learn more about OceanSchedules Data Feed - www.inttra.com/products/schedules?msc=osdfpr
OceanSchedules.com is based in Parsippany, NJ. The web site is free to all shippers and forwarders and offers free schedule hosting to all carriers. Using advanced Web-based technology, OceanSchedules.com delivers global, comprehensive carrier schedules with an interactive interface that enables shippers and forwarders to more quickly and easily search global voyage data. The site also provides advertisers with the opportunity to target transportation planners and freight buyers of ocean shipping based on their search interests.