Hoffman announces SYSPEND™ Vertical Motion Arms for Human-Machine Interface (HMI) enclosures and devices. Available in numerous models, the SYSPEND family of vertical motion arms, including a monitor and keyboard arm, allows operators to easily adjust HMI enclosures and devices to meet the varying vertical and horizontal requirements of a wide range of users and applications.
Anoka, MN—April 14, 2009—Hoffman announces SYSPEND™ Vertical Motion Arms for Human-Machine Interface (HMI) enclosures and devices. Available in numerous models, the SYSPEND family of vertical motion arms, including a monitor and keyboard arm, allows operators to easily adjust HMI enclosures and devices to meet the varying vertical and horizontal requirements of a wide range of users and applications.
SYSPEND Vertical Motion Arms support up to 125 lbs and feature field-adjustable counterbalances that allow users to set, and reset, the lifting force, accommodating weight changes due to load and equipment changeouts by the customer. Additionally, the system eliminates the need for custom counterbalanced arms set by the factory and are easily recalibrated onsite, without the expense of special tools or service calls.
SYSPEND also offers multiple mounting options to facilitate flexible work cell and ergonomic workspace layouts. Accessories are available to support wall-, machine- and post-top-mounting, with an optional floor post available.
Hoffman's SYSPEND product family includes a full offering of vertical motion solutions:
* SYSPEND™ Monitor and Keyboard Arm Vertical motion arm for mounting a flat screen monitor, keyboard and mouse in industrial environments.
* SYSPEND™ VL-Motion Arm, Type 4 Vertical Locking (VL) industrial arm for lifting and repositioning HMI enclosures in NEMA Type 4 and 12 environments. A locking release handle is ideal for applications where machine vibration is a concern. The 22-inch arm counterbalances 30-100 lbs.
* SYSPEND™ VHD-Motion Arm, Type 4 Vertical Heavy Duty (VHD) industrial arm for lifting and repositioning HMI enclosures in NEMA Type 4 and Type 12 environments. The 26-inch arm counterbalances 45-125 lbs, while the 36-inch arm is available for loads of 25-75 lbs.
* SYSPEND™ VHDS-Motion Arm, Type 4X Vertical Heavy Duty Stainless (VHDS) industrial arm provides corrosion resistance and allows for process and control equipment suspension for easy cleaning.
"Many vertical motion arms require the customer to provide the manufacturer with the planned weight load, and the manufacturer develops a custom arm to support that weight," said Nathan Espinosa, Hoffman product manager. "SYSPEND Vertical Motion Arms are quickly and easily adjusted to the proper counterweight by the customer." Espinosa adds, "Vertical motion arms also enhance the efficiency and ergonomics of a work cell or machine for added operator comfort and safety as well as productivity."
Several features of Hoffman’s SYSPEND Vertical Motion Arms make them particularly effective and convenient to use:
* Deliver wall-, machine- and post-top-mounting accessories to meet versatile application requirements
* Allow enclosure and arm to be swiveled up to 330 degrees, depending on the model, with swivel stops available in 30-degree increments; monitor and keyboard arm swivels 340 degrees at the monitor end and 180 degrees at the mounting end
* Provide machine operators with the ability to directly interface with both a machine and computer for increased productivity, responsiveness and ergonomics
* Offer continual access to machine-mounted controls, allowing individual operators to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously
* Allow HMI device and arm to be moved out of the way for ease-of-cleaning and increased safety
* Reduce repetitive motion injuries and lessen worker back, neck and eye strain
Hoffman, based in Anoka, Minn., is a leading designer and manufacturer of systems that safely and reliably protect the electronic and electrical controls in industrial, networking and commercial construction applications. With more than 60 years of experience, extensive technical expertise and a vast distribution network, Hoffman is recognized as an industry leader providing a broad range of standard, modified and custom enclosure solutions to customers worldwide. Hoffman is a member of the Pentair Technical Products GBU, which also includes McLean Cooling Technology, Taunus, Aspen Motion Technologies, Pentair Electronic Packaging, Schroff, Calmark and Birtcher. For more information or to locate a sales office, visit hoffmanonline.com or contact Hoffman Enclosures, 2100 Hoffman Way, Anoka, MN 55303.
Field-Calibrated Hoffman SYSPEND™ Family of Vertical Motion Arms Offers Simple Vertical and Horizontal Adjustments of HMI Enclosures and Devices