A direct service between East Coast North America and West Coast South America
Marseille – 20 December 2011 - The CMA CGM Group is pleased to announce the launch of the NEW Black Pearl service, a better and faster direct service between the East Coast of North America and the West Coast of South America ( Panama , Peru and Chile ). This new service is part of the operational agreement between CMA CGM and MSC.
It comes as a response to a growing market demand for refrigerated cargoes from Chile and Peru to Philadelphia and New York and for fast and competitive transit times between these two continents.
Effective from mid January (southbound) on a weekly basis, this improved service will provide CMA CGM customers with:
· Direct fixed-day weekly service connecting East Coast North America to West Coast South America throughout 6 Main US Ports (Port Everglades, Jacksonville, Savannah, Charleston, Philadelphia and New York), one connecting Hub in Balboa and 4 Main Ports in West Coast South America (Callao, Arica, Valparaiso and Coronel).
· A direct service linking Chile and Peru to Philadelphia & New York to better serve the North American refrigerated cargoes demand
· A full intermodal coverage to USA Inland Ramps using on-dock rail services
· Fast and competitive transit times
· Dedicated CMA CGM Office network to meet customers Expectations
The NEW Black Pearl service will deploy an homogeneous fleet of 7 x 4,000 TEU vessels operated by MSC.
NEW BLACK PEARL rotation will be as follows:
Philadelphia – New York – Charleston – Savannah – Jacksonville – Freeport - Port Everglades – Cristobal – Balboa – Callao – Arica – Coronel – Valparaiso – Balboa – Cristobal – Freeport – Philadelphia – New York.
“Thanks to these new slot charter agreement with MSC between the East Coast of America and the West Coast of South America, CMA CGM will provide its customers with fast and competitive transit times along with a better service for refrigerated cargoes”” explains Jean-Yves Duval, Vice President Caribbean and South America Lines, CMA CGM Group.