The Group reinforces its offer on the Indian market
Marseilles, June 11th, 2010 - CMA CGM is pleased to announce the launch of the NEW CIMEX 2 service linking Asia / China to India and Pakistan , operated in partnership with Maersk Line.
The NEW CIMEX 2 aims at providing CMA CGM customers with a high quality service thanks to:
- The fastest transit times on the market (15 days between Shanghai and Pipavav).
- The most reliable and modern fleet on this trade, composed of 6 vessels with an homogeneous capacity of 5,500 TEUs.
- A large and attractive port coverage.
- Balanced east/westbound connections covering the Asia/Indian Sub Continent/Asia trades.
- Access to the ICD (Inland Container Depot) in Dadri and Nhava Sheva offering connections to all inland destinations in India .
This new service will complete the existing coverage of CMA CGM Group on the Asia, Middle East Gulf and India Markets.
The new rotation starting in Kwangyang on 13/06/2010 will be as follows:
Kwangyang - Busan - Shanghai - Hong Kong - Da Chan Bay - Tanjung Pelepas - Colombo - Pipavav - Nhava Sheva - Port Qasim - Port Klang - Tanjung Pelepas – Singapore - Hong Kong - Kwangyang.
Shanghai call will start on July 8, 2010.
“The Asia to India/Pakistan trade - linking the two economies with the highest populations in the world – is currently expanding. This trend is likely to continue and we therefore decided to develop the NEW CIMEX 2 to keep pace with our customers’ needs and support the development of their activities on these markets”, explains Ludovic Rozan, Vice-President CMA CGM Asia.