CMA CGM Group is pleased to announce the launch of a new service connecting Asia, Fiji Islands and New Zealand , effective July 18th, 2011.
Named ANZEX, this new weekly service will deploy 7 ships of 1 800 TEU and will allow the Group to provide its customers with the below assets:
- The only service in the market to offer two ports of call in New Zealand’s North Island and two port of call in New Zealand’s South Island
- The fastest transit times from Asia to Suva ( Fiji ) and between Asia and New Zealand : 17 days between Shanghai and Auckland , 16 days between Tauranga and Port Kelang
- An access to the South East Asia market for goods to and from New Zealand , Australia and New Caledonia , thanks to the following calls :
o Port Kelang Hub: connexion with the CMA CGM’s global network
o Tauranga: connexion with the Panama Direct service (linking North Europe, East Coast of the US , French Polynesia , Australia et New Zealand )
o Auckland: connexion with the PNW service of ANL, one of the CMA CGM Group’s subsidiaries (linking Australia , New Zealand , French Polynesia and the US west-coast)
- An enhanced capacity of reefers in order to meet the growing demand of refrigerated transport on this trade.
“The launch of this new service shows the willingness of CMA CGM Group to consolidate its offer on the South Pacific market, in order to support the strong demand for transport linked to the boom in Asian exports to this market”, explains Stéphane Courquin, CMA CGM Vice President Africa, Indian Ocean , Oceania Lines.
The service rotation will be as followed:
Port Kelang, Chiwan, Shangai, Pusan , Suva , Auckland , Port Chalmers, Lyttelton, Tauranga, Noumea and back to Port Kelang.
CMA CGM Group offers new railroad shuttle between Zeebrugge and Duisburg
The CMA CGM Group is pleased to announce the reinforcement of its intermodal offer with the introduction of a railroad service, connecting Zeebrugge’s port and Duisburg ’s tri-modal hub, which started mid-June.
This fifth shuttle, the only one on the market, completes CMA CGM’s intermodal offer. Already linked to the CHZ Terminal at Zeebrugge 4 times a week, the D3T Terminal at Duisburg is now connected to Zeebrugge’s APMT terminal thanks to this new service.
Advantages of the Zeebrugge <> Duisburg connection:
- A unique and fast railroad service on the market, ideally timed to coincide with calls of vessels deployed on the CMA CGM Asia-Europe services (FAL)
- Multiple connections to/from Duisburg , gateway to the Rhine Valley markets, and to/from any Benelux port
- Reduction in the Group’s impact on the environment in an “extremely congested European region”