(2009-06-15) - Hanjin Shipping is pleased to announce that it is launching a direct service between Vietnam and the U.S. starting from June 21st, when its vessel departures from Port Kelang.
Named SJX (South East & Japan Express), this new service has been developed to target the Vietnamese and South East Asian markets, which are showing constant growth despite of the global economic recession. Also, this direct service between Vietnam and the U.S. West Coast will be able to satisfy the growing customers’ needs.
Hanjin Shipping comments that by adding SJX calling Ho Chi Minh to the current HES (Haiphong Express Service) calling Haiphong, the company will be able to provide its customers with stable service to the economic centers of Vietnam.
Moreover, the new terminal in Cai-Mep, Ho Chi Minh, is a deep water port close to the sea, which can accommodate mega-sized vessels. Also, the restrictions caused by tides will soon be improved enabling timely vessel operation.
With 6 of 4,000TEU class ships deployed, SJX service will be calling Port Kelang – Singapore – Hong Kong – Yantian – Osaka – Tokyo – Long Beach – Oakland – Tokyo – Port Kelang and beginning from July 7th, Hong Kong will be replaced by Ho Chi Minh.
In addition, as SJX is calling the Japanese ports, the existing CAX (China America Express) will be omitting the Japanese ports, which will reduce the transit time from Shanghai, Busan to the U.S.
Meanwhile, Hanjin Shipping will continue to rationalize its existing services while developing new ones in order to cope with the market situations and cargo demands and upgrade its customer service.
SJX (South-East & Japan Express)
- Port Rotation: Port Kelang – Singapore – Hong Kong – Yantian – Osaka – Tokyo – Long Beach – Oakland – Tokyo – Osaka – Hong Kong – Port Kelang
- From July 7th: Port Kelang – Singapore – Ho Chi Minh – Yantian – Osaka – Tokyo – Long Beach – Oakland – Tokyo – Osaka – Hong Kong – Port Kelang
- Target Date of Launch: June 21st (Subject to vessel schedule)
- Vessel Deployed: 4,000TEU X 6 (HJS)
HES (Haiphong Express Service)
- Port Rotation: Busan (New Port/Gamman – Shanghai – Haiphong – Shanghai – Busan (New Port/Gamman)
- Vessel Deployed: 600TEU X 2 (Hanjin Shipping X 1, Sinotrans X 1)
CAX (China America Express)
- Existing Route: Shanghai – Busan – Osaka – Tokyo – Long Beach – Oakland – Busan
- New Route: Shanghai – Busan – Long Beach – Oakland – Busan