April 9, 2010 - NYK has been recognized as 2010 World’s Most Ethical Companies* by the U.S. think tank Ethisphere Institute. This is the third consecutive year for NYK to receive this prestigious recognition.
This list has been compiled annually since 2007 by the research-based Ethisphere Institute, a leading international think tank dedicated to the creation, advancement, and sharing of best practices in business ethics, corporate social responsibility, anticorruption, and sustainability. The World’s Most Ethical Companies designation recognizes the companies that truly go beyond making statements about doing business “ethically” and translate those words into action. NYK is the only shipping company included among the 100 listed in the 2010 World’s Most Ethical Companies, and only one of three Japanese companies recognized.
The institute carefully reviewed responses to questions in the seven below categories for companies in over 100 countries and 36 industries.
1. Innovation that contributes to the public well-being
2. Corporate governance
3. Corporate citizenship and responsibility
4. Executive leadership and tone from the top
5. Industry leadership
6. Internal systems and ethics/compliance program
7. Legal, regulatory, and reputation track record
NYK, as a good corporate citizen, will continue to take an active role in social issues, including the conservation of the environment, to contribute to the achievement of a better global society.
* Website for 2010 World’s Most Ethical Companies: ethisphere.com/wme2010/