• Group Turnover increased by 7% to US$3,122 million
• Profit Attributable to Equity Holders of US$117 million
• Earnings per share of US18.6 cents
• Interim Ordinary Dividend of US4.66 cents (HK36.3 cents) per share
Financial And Operational Highlights
• Operating profit decreased by 26% to US$140 million
• OOCL liftings increased 6.1% to 2.6 million TEUs
• OOCL Freight Revenue per TEU was down 1.0%
• Liquid Assets exceeded US$2.5 billion as at 30th June 2012
Orient Overseas (International) Limited and its subsidiaries (the “Group”) today announced a profit attributable to equity holders, after tax and non-controlling interest, of US$116.8 million for the six-month period ended 30th June 2012 compared with US$175.0 million for the same period in 2011. The 2012 interim result represents a US$58.2 million or 33% decrease in earnings from comparable activities.
The profit after tax and non-controlling interests attributable to equity holders for the first six months of 2012 included dividends from Hui Xian Holdings Ltd amounting to US$42.6 million and a US$5.0 million upward revaluation of Wall Street Plaza.
Earnings per ordinary share for the first half of 2012 was US18.6 cents, whereas earnings per ordinary share for the first half of 2011 was US28.0 cents