- Offering more direct connections, options and faster transits in North/South trade -
Miramar, Florida, May 19, 2015 – SeaLand, the intra-Americas regional ocean carrier of the Maersk Group, announces today the addition of the North Atlantic Express (NAE) service to its comprehensive North-South network. This service is a result of a joint Vessel Sharing Agreement (VSA) between SeaLand and APL. The service is designed to create even more connections across the extensive SeaLand network, serving the West Coast of South America, Central America, Caribbean and U.S. East Coast. In particular, shippers requiring refrigerated services across this network will benefit from competitive transit times, state-of-the art reefer equipment, and highly trained professionals monitoring their cold chain every step of the way.
The announced Vessel Sharing Agreement (VSA) between SeaLand and APL is subject to regulatory approval. Upon receiving approval, more details will be available including: schedules, confirmed terminals, number of sailings, and more.
Overall market capacity does not change with the addition of the NAE as the implementation of this service is an output of recent overall structural changes within the trade.
NAE service description:
- The three vessels under this VSA will offer a weekly frequency and capacity of 1700 TEUs. Two vessels will be operated by SeaLand and one by APL.
- Service rotation: Cartagena – Manzanillo – South Florida – New York – Philadelphia – Savannah – South Florida
- The NAE service adds significant connectivity to SeaLand’s network through transshipment hubs allowing for increased access to the America’s market.
- Connections between Colombia, Panama (hub in Manzanillo), and the US East Coast - South Florida, New York, Philadelphia, Savannah
- The anticipated first sailing under this new service is scheduled for late June–early July 2015
“Our passion is rooted in our desire to connect the Americas with superior services that help our customers grow their businesses and succeed. With our ‘can do spirit’ we develop strong partnerships, such as the one with APL, working closely with them to enhance our services connecting the West Coast of South America to the East Coast of North America,” said Craig Mygatt, CEO of SeaLand. “We will enter into additional agreements of this type to continue to strengthen our service offerings characterized by a sustainable cost structure across the region. Vamos Juntos!”
SeaLand is a regional, ocean transportation company dedicated to the Intra-Americas market and is a division of the Maersk Group. January 1, 2015, SeaLand commenced operations offering right-sized shipping solutions delivered through personally connected representatives, helpful technology and expertise that give customers an advantage throughout the region.
Born of the Americas, for the Americas, SeaLand is absolutely committed to its customers. That’s what drives SeaLand to build connections that unleash the potential of the Americas. With SeaLand, empowered individuals work tirelessly to get to know their customers’ business and help them on the spot. Shippers also leverage the power of SeaLand’s strategic hub locations, ability to convert over the road and network of established relationships.
Most importantly, customers benefit from a companywide commitment that says, “We don’t just ship your cargo. Vamos Juntos! We go together.”