Union Pacific Railroad’s Barry Michaels Elected 2013 IANA Chairman
CALVERTON, Md., Jan. 11, 2013 – Barry D. Michaels, vice president of Intermodal Operations at Union Pacific Railroad Company, has been elected chairman of the board of directors of the Intermodal Association of North America, succeeding David Manning, president of Tennessee Express, Inc., who remains a member of the board. Michaels previously served as chair in 2004 and 2005 and was honored in 2011 with the association's Silver Kingpin Award.
The 13-member board also elected Phil Shook, director of Intermodal operations at C.H. Robinson Worldwide, as IANA’s 2013 vice chairman and Don Aiken, vice president of Intermodal Operations at Schneider National, Inc., as Treasurer. Shook has been an active IANA board member for four years, serving on the Association’s Scholarship and Bylaws Committees. Akin, in his second year on the board, is a member of the Policy and Intermodal Expo Planning Committees. He also chaired a board task force on pre-trip equipment inspections.
“I look forward to working with Barry, Phil, and Don in their new leadership roles,” said Joni Casey, IANA president and CEO. “Their wealth of diverse industry experience will be extremely beneficial to the Association.”
Re-elected to the board for three-year terms are Kevin Lhotak, president of Reliable Transportation Specialists, and Michael Wilson, sr. vice president at Hamburg Sud North America. They will be joined by continuing board members:
· Jordan Ayers, managing director, Quest Capital Group, LLC
· Jeffrey Brashares, senior vice president, Sales & National Accounts, TTS, LLC
· William Clement, vice president, Intermodal, CSX Transportation
· Robert Huffman, vice president, Intermodal Operations, Norfolk Southern Corp.
· Jenny Johnson, vice president, Intermodal Support Services, Inc.
· Frank Sonzala, executive vice president, Pressure Systems International, Inc.
· Patrick Valentine, director, Safety & Regulatory Issues, Direct ChassisLink, Inc.
IANA is North America's leading industry trade association representing the combined interests of the intermodal freight industry. IANA's membership includes railroads, water carriers and stacktrain operators; port authorities; intermodal truckers and over-the-road highway carriers; intermodal marketing and logistics companies; and suppliers to the industry, such as equipment manufacturers, intermodal leasing companies and consulting firms. IANA's associate members include shippers, academic institutions, government entities and nonprofit associations.
- Published: 15 January 2013