- Brookfield creates a single global brand for its logistics business to be known as IDI Gazeley.
- The newly combined brand owns and operates 58 million sq ft (5.4 million sq m) of assets and occupied industrial warehouse space with prime land sites to develop an additional 68 million sq ft (6.3 million sq m) of distribution facilities in North America, Western Europe and China
- Intention to significantly grow the platform by leveraging Brookfield's existing global customer relationships and pursuing attractive development opportunities
NEW YORK, 28th May 2014, Brookfield, one of the world’s largest owners, operators and investors in best-in-class real estate around the globe, has today announced the creation of a new brand for its $3.5bn global logistics property platform.
The companies, to be known as IDI Gazeley, part of Brookfield Logistics Properties, form the consolidated branding of Brookfield’s key logistics assets – Industrial Developments International (“IDI”) and Gazeley – under a single brand identity. These are two of the world’s best-known and most successful developers of sustainable logistics warehouses and distribution parks. All IDI and Gazeley sites globally will be rebranded IDI Gazeley as part of the initiative.
Gazeley, the world’s longest running specialist developer of logistics warehouses and distribution parks with assets in key strategic locations in the UK, Western Europe and China, was acquired by Brookfield and its institutional partners in June 2013. IDI, a leading owner and operator of industrial distribution facilities across North America since 1989, is the result of two acquisitions by Brookfield and its institutional partners in December 2012 and October 2013.
Since the acquisitions by Brookfield, both IDI and Gazeley have made significant progress and delivered notable successes in their respective markets. Recent highlights include:
- The commencement of new 938,000-sq-ft (87,000 sq m) national distribution centre leased to a major UK supermarket retailer at Gazeley’s flagship UK development site Magna Park Milton Keynes.
- The construction of a 671,000-sq-ft (62,300 sq m) e-commerce build-to-suit facility at Southpoint Business Park in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA.
- The completion of a 690,000-sq-ft (64,000 sq m) regional distribution centre for leading global sports retailer at Magna Park Baodi, North China. This project follows the early completion of a similar project in Germany for the same customer.
- The signing of a 631,000-sq-ft (59,000 sq m) lease to a major e-commerce company at Park South in the Cincinnati, Ohio market, USA.
- The commencement of a 600,000-sq-ft (56,000 sq m) national distribution centre for a global toy retailer in Paris, France.
- The signing of a 413,000-sq-ft (38,000 sq m) lease to leading technology-focused e-retailer at WorldConnect @ Ameriplex in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA.
- The signing of a 467,000-sq-ft (43,000 sq m) deal in Atlanta, Georgia market, USA with a leading developer, manufacturer and distributer of medical equipment for respiratory disorders.
Under the new brand, IDI Gazeley will bring together its diverse customer community drawn from across the fast moving consumer goods (FMCG)/retail, transport and logistics, automotive, industrial, pharmaceutical and manufacturing sectors.
IDI Gazeley will collectively own and operate a global industrial property portfolio across nine countries including the USA, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Mexico and China.
This includes approximately 58 million sq ft (5.4 million sq m) of assets currently under management and occupied industrial warehouse space with prime land sites to develop an additional 68 million sq ft (6.3 million sq m) of distribution facilities. Of this, 17 million sq ft (1.58 million sq m) of development is currently scheduled for 2014.
To date, IDI Gazeley has developed in excess of 228 million sq ft (21 million sq m) of sustainable warehouse space for over 900 customers worldwide.
Ric Clark, Chief Executive Officer of the Brookfield Property Group commented: “We are very excited by the tremendous opportunities that the launch of the global IDI Gazeley brand will bring across our industrial portfolios, both for our logistics customers, as well as our investment partners.
The collective brand will have scale, experience and the backing of a strong parent. We intend to grow the platform by leveraging global customer relationships, pursuing attractive opportunities in key markets and developing our premier land bank.
Brookfield’s experience in managing and developing property assets globally, coupled with IDI Gazeley’s already enviable long-term track record, positions the new brand for long term growth. Additionally, with an improving global economic backdrop, evolving supply chains, growth of e-commerce, and increasing emerging market consumption trends, we expect to see significant opportunities for growth in the high-quality logistics sector.”
Jay Cornforth, Global Head of Industrial for the Brookfield Property Group also commented: “This is a natural evolution of our emerging logistics business and will create synergies between these two best-in-class organizations. This move will be particularly helpful to our customers around the world who will benefit from a greater choice of assets and locations globally, accessible through a single point of contact. Our collective platforms allow us to provide an improved service offering to our existing client base, which includes many of the world’s leading brands and most successful companies, as well as potential new clients who are looking for a truly global proposition tailored to their specific needs.”