CALVERTON, MD (June 19, 2014) — New to this year’s Intermodal EXPO, the Intermodal Association of North America (IANA) and the Association of American Railroads (AAR) have teamed to develop educational sessions highlighting intermodal’s significant and growing role in railroads’ transportation mix. Intermodal is an industry game-changer, recently surpassing coal to become the largest single rail commodity by revenue.
“The growth of domestic intermodal continues to have a positive impact on the railroad industry’s bottom line,” said Joni Casey, president and CEO of IANA. “Partnering with AAR to develop EXPO educational sessions that explore successes and opportunities was a natural fit.”
Over 20 senior rail executives, including an opening presentation by Lance Fritz, president and COO of the Union Pacific Railroad, will be featured in the following Intermodal EXPO 2014 education sessions:
- Intermodal Leadership Insights ·
- Big Alliances, Big Ships, Big Opportunities – How U.S. West Coast Ports are Preparing for the New Era ·
- The End of the Line for IPI? Trade, Transloading and the Prospects for IPI Growth ·
- The Long and Short of It – Making the Case for Short-haul Intermodal ·
- Go Ahead and Jump That Curb! When Intermodal is the Right Choice ·
- IT Solutions for Increasing Terminal Throughput – Case Studies of Programs that Facilitate Motor Carrier Productivity ·
- Thinking Outside the Box – New Markets for Intermodal
- Cargo Safety & Security – “Must Know” Tips for Preparing Your Rail Shipment
- The Golden Spike – Connecting Your 3PL & Shipper to the Rail Industry
- Cross-Border Smooth Sailing of the SS Intermodal – Avoiding the Red Tape and Frustration
According to AAR president and CEO, Ed Hamberger, “AAR is pleased to be a part of the 2014 Intermodal EXPO. The future of intermodal rail is enormous, both in traditional transcontinental markets and in short and middle-distance lanes.”
Intermodal EXPO will be held September 21-23, 2014 in Long Beach, California. Visit intermodalEXPO.com for the latest information including full program details and a list of speakers.
IANA is North America's leading industry trade association representing the combined interests of the intermodal freight industry. The association’s mission is to promote the growth of efficient intermodal freight transportation through innovation, education and dialogue. The association offers valuable information and services specific to the intermodal industry encompassing consensus business solutions that facilitate: operations, regulatory compliance, and policy issue management. For more information, visit www.intermodal.org.
The Association of American Railroads (AAR) is the world's leading railroad policy, research and technology organization focusing on the safety and productivity of rail carriers. AAR members include the major freight railroads of the U.S., Canada and Mexico, as well as Amtrak. Learn more at www.aar.org. Follow us on Twitter: AAR_FreightRail or Facebook: www.facebook.com/freightrail.