Winners Recognized for Setting Industry Standards and Best Practices
PRINCETON JUNCTION, NJ – June 18, 2014 – The winners of the prestigious Transportation Marketing and Sales Association (TMSA)’s 62nd Annual Compass Awards were announced at TMSA’s Annual Conference and Expo which was held June 8-10 at the Westin Galleria in Dallas, Texas.
TMSA, one of the country’s premiere organizations for marketing and sales professionals in the transportation industry, awarded 34 individual companies in a variety of categories, all dedicated to advancing the success of the transportation and logistics industry. Entries were judged for excellence in marketing and sales through their work samples and entry write-up.
This year’s winners shared their best practices, strategies and tactics, helping to raise the bar in transportation marketing and sales creativity and innovation. The Compass Awards continue to surpass expectations and set the standards for the industry.
“We are honored to have the opportunity to celebrate the innovative marketing and sales materials of these companies and the individuals who work for them,” said TMSA President Dino Moler. “Their collective contributions highlight the best of our industry, and raises the bar for marketing and sales excellence across the board.”
This year’s Compass Award winners include:
Direct Marketing Campaign
- Receiving Awards of Excellence: FedEx Freight; PITT OHIO
- Receiving Awards of Merit: FedEx Custom Critical; LeSaint Logistics; SMC³
Explanatory Analysis Marketing
- Receiving an Award of Excellence: C.H. Robinson
- Receiving an Award of Merit: Riverside Transit Agency
- Receiving an Award of Excellence: Omnitracs • Receiving an Award of Merit: C.H. Robinson
- Receiving Awards of Excellence: Bison Transport; FedEx Freight; FedEx Custom Critical; PartnerShip, LLC; San Joaquin Regional Transit District
- Receiving Awards of Merit: ALK Technologies; CSX Transportation Intermodal; FedEx Freight; GO Transit; Long Beach Transit; Elemica; TransLink
- Receiving an Award of Excellence: FedEx
Marketing and Sales Collateral
- Receiving Awards of Excellence: BNSF Railway; Lynden, Inc.
- Receiving Awards of Merit: Creative Marketing Alliance (CMA); The Suddath Companies
- Receiving an Award of Excellence: FleetRisk Advisors
Multiple Ad Campaign
- Receiving Awards of Excellence: Pilot Freight Services; PITT OHIO
- Receiving Awards of Merit: Cardinal Health Integrated Logistics; TransLink
- Receiving an Award of Excellence: SMC³
- Receiving Awards of Merit: ALK Technologies; BNSF Railway; Fort Worth Transportation Authority/The T; MindShare Strategies, Inc.; PITT OHIO
- Receiving an Award of Excellence: FedEx Custom Critical
- Receiving an Award of Merit: LLamasoft
- Receiving an Award of Excellence: SMC³
Social Network Sales and Marketing
- Receiving an Award of Excellence: Navis
- Receiving Awards of Merit: PITT OHIO; Transplace
Web-Based Marketing and Sales
- Receiving Awards of Excellence: Excargo; Roux, LLC/Averitt Express, Inc.; TransLink
- Receiving Awards of Merit: Allegory Studios; CSX Transportation Intermodal; Pulsar Advertising; Quack! Media
Additionally, the winners of the top transportation executive awards were announced at the Compass Awards Gala. These awards celebrate dynamic leaders that have recognizable abilities to drive growth and opportunities within the transportation industry.
Recognized for his exceptional leadership that possesses vision, insight and enthusiasm, TMSA awarded Timothy Simpson, with the Marketing Executive of the Year award. Simpson is the Director, Marketing North America at Maersk Line.
Honored with the Sales Executive of the Year award was Dennis McCaffrey, Senior Vice President, Strategic Accounts at XPO Logistics. McCaffrey received this award for his efforts in driving his company forward this year. He is responsible for Tier 1 business development for the company’s freight brokerage, inter-modal, ground and air expedited transportation, and freight forwarding divisions.
Lastly, TMSA honored Candi Cybator from PITT Ohio with its Committee Member of the Year award. Cybator was recognized for her active participation on the TMSA Membership Committee and Compass Awards judging panel as well as for her continued support of the association.
For additional information on the Transportation Marketing and Sales Association (TMSA) please visit, www.TMSAtoday.org or contact 609-799-4900.
The Transportation Marketing and Sales Association exists to enhance the knowledge, connections, recognition and solutions available to the marketing, communications and sales professions within the transportation and logistics industries including motor carriers, railroads, air carriers, ocean lines, 3PLs, OEMs, passenger transit organizations, media, and suppliers. TMSA members and their companies account for over $300 billion in revenue and over $190 million in sales/marketing/communication budgets. Member benefits include recognition of excellence through the annual Compass Awards, extensive educational programs and networking opportunities.