Transportation Service Providers Recognized for Exemplary High Performance, On-time Service
May 14, 2014 (Dallas, TX) – Transplace, a leading provider of transportation management services and logistics technology, today announced the winners of its Carrier of the Year Awards. Part of Transplace’s Carrier Merit Program, the Carrier of the Year Awards recognize transportation service providers for consistent high performance and exemplary on-time service. Recognizing nine transportation service providers, Transplace made the announcement during its 12th annual Shipper Symposium taking place this week in Dallas.
“Transplace’s Carrier Merit Program is designed to uncover growth opportunities for our carriers and further strengthen those relationships, while supporting exceptional service for our customers,” said Ben Cubitt, senior vice president engineering and consulting at Transplace. “With this year’s awards, we are pleased to recognize nine outstanding transportation service providers for the exemplary work they’ve done over the past year.”
At the Shipper Symposium, Transplace presented the following awards to these carriers:
- National Carrier of the Year Award (co-winners), Con-way Truckload and Landstar Transportation Logistics
- Regional Carrier of the Year Award (co-winners), Triways, Inc., Smith Transport, Southern Freight, Team Campbell Logistics and A&M Transport
- Temperature Control Carrier of the Year Award (co-winners), Glacier Transportation and Knight Refrigerated
The Transplace Carrier Merit Program categorizes carriers into tiers based on strict and demanding performance factors. The company has established two primary tiers of alliance carriers and a developmental progression plan for key carriers targeting business needs and upward movement through the merit program.
The awards are data-centric and based on companywide, quantitative data. To be eligible for the Carrier of the Year Awards, a carrier must have met the following requirements:
- Hauled at least 1,500 loads for Transplace
- Provided freight services across five or more Transplace accounts
- Maintained an on-time delivery rate of 95 percent or better
- Contracted as a truckload carrier
- Actively participated as an EPA SmartWay Carrier
- Maintained an excellent customer service relationship across all accounts
- Utilized EDI capabilities extensively
- Provided regular feedback and communication to all levels of management
For more information on the 2014 Transplace Shipper Symposium or to view the sessions following the event, please visit http://symposium.transplace.com.
Transplace is a non-asset, North America-based third party logistics (3PL) provider offering manufacturers, retailers, chemical and consumer packaged goods companies the optimal blend of logistics technology and transportation management services. The company’s services and capabilities include Transportation Management Services, Intermodal, Brokerage and SaaS transportation management (TMS) solutions supplemented by supply chain network planning and design, transportation procurement and consulting services. The company is recognized among the elite global 3PLs for its proven ability to deliver both rapid return on investment and consistent value to a customer base that includes many of the largest shippers in the world.
Follow the company on Twitter, Facebook, Logistically Speaking Blog and the Transplace Blog: