Marseilles, November 16th, 2010 - The CMA CGM Group is pleased to announce the extension of its Black Pearl service to the West Coast of South America ( Ecuador , Peru , Panama and Chile ). This upgrade comes as a response to a growing market demand for exports between the US and the West Coast South America (+23.5 %* in 2010 compared to 2009) and between the US and the Caribbean (+13.8%* in 2010 compared to 2009).
Effective from December 12th on a weekly basis, this upgrade will provide CMA CGM customers with:
· A unique direct service from Ecuador , Chile and Peru to Philadelphia and Halifax ,
· An extended coverage of the Caribbean region, Mexican Gulf and East Coast South America with transshipments in Kingston ( Jamaica ),
· Connections to and from Far East (Hong Kong, Shanghai, Chiwan, Busan) for cargo from West Coast South America via transhipments in Balboa (Panama) on PEX3 service,
· Connections to and from North Europe (Rotterdam, Hamburg, Antwerp, Le Havre) through Kingston hub on ECS Service.
· Enlarged Reefer capacity for exports from West Coast South America to the US market (wine from Chile , fruits from Chile , Ecuador and Peru …).
The Black Pearl service will deploy an homogeneous fleet of 6 x 1,100 TEU vessels.
BLACK PEARL new rotation will be as follows:
New York – Halifax – Kingston – Cartagena – Punta Manzanillo – Balboa – Guayaquil – Callao – Arica – San Antonio – Callao – Guayaquil – Punta Manzanillo – Kingston – Miami – Philadelphia – New York.
“Thanks to these new calls on the West Coast of South America , CMA CGM will provide its customers with a unique and efficient transport solution to support their development within a growing market. This upgraded service will not only offer an extended coverage of the areas served but also numerous connections to the Caribbean Rim, East Coast of South America and the Far East thanks to seamless relay in Kingston and Balboa” explains Jean-Yves Duval, Vice President Caribbean and Latin American Lines, CMA CGM Group.
* Source: Dynamar