March 07, 2011 - OOCL has demonstrated its industry leadership in innovative IT solutions with the launch of OOCL Lite iPhone App (OOCL Lite) which allows users to access real time sailing schedule of vessels any time, anywhere at their figure tips on iPhone.
OOCL Lite is one of OOCL’s customer-focused and innovative IT products developed by CargoSmart™, an independently-operated company with OOCL investing in the development of its solution platform to enhance customer-service capabilities and operational efficiency for all transportation partners.
OOCL Lite, the easy-to-use mobile version enables customers of the following:
• Search for the required schedule by the names of the origin city and destination city;
• Select city names from pull-down menus to save time typing and looking up spellings;
• View origin/destination cities, departure/arrival dates, and transit times in the search results;
• Drill down into individual schedule details including vessel voyage and service, container yard cutoff, haulage, and the final destination hub;
• Save favorite search criteria;
• Share sailing schedule search results by e-mail and SMS.
OOCL Lite is now available for download at the App Store and the demonstration videos can be viewed in English on OOCL YouTube and Mandarin on Youku Channels.
OOCL Lite is powered by CargoSmart™.
Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hong Kong Stock Exchange listed Orient Overseas (International) Ltd. Headquartered in Hong Kong, OOCL is one of the world's leading container transport and logistics service providers, with more than 280 offices in 55 countries. Linking Asia, Europe, North America, the Mediterranean, the Indian sub-continent, the Middle East and Australia/New Zealand, the company offers transportation services to all major east/west trading economies of the world. OOCL is one of the leading international carriers serving China, providing a full range of logistics and transportation services throughout the country. It is also an industry leader in the use of information technology and e-commerce to manage the entire cargo process. Website: http://www.oocl.com/