• Group Turnover increased by 39% to US$6,033 million
• Record Profit After Tax from Continuing Operations of US$870 million
• Profit Attributable to Equity holders of US$1,867 million
• Earnings per share of US298.3 cents
• Final Ordinary Dividend of US23.0 cents (HK$1.79) per share
• Special Dividend of US209.3 cents (HK$16.33) per share
Hong Kong, 14th March 2011 - Orient Overseas (International) Limited and its subsidiaries (the “Group”) today announced a profit attributable to shareholders for 2010 of US$1,866.8 million, compared to a loss of US$402.3 million reported for 2009.
This result includes the net profit of US$1,004.6 million from the sale of OODL, the Group’s former PRC property development business. The profit attributable to shareholders from the OOCL container transportation and logistics business was US$841.6 million, compared to a loss of US$376.9 million for the equivalent activities in 2009. Management of the Group’s liquidity and investments at the OOIL level contributed the remaining US$20.6 million of profit attributable to shareholders.
Click here to vew complete press release